Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I live in Thailand and I am a new member here.  I would like to ask some questions regarding HP wireless mouse and keyboard.  

I just purchased a HP item, locally named as "2 in 1 wireless HP Black (Mouse USB)".  My problem is similar to the problem of a member posted in http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/Keyboard-SK-2061/m-p/3571961/highlight/true#M76678.  To be specific, I couldn't get wireless keyboard to work while wireless mouse worked flawlessly.  

For product information, the item came with three parts, i.e. a wireless keyboard, a wireless mouse and a USB dongle.  Their labels are showed below.

Wireless keyboard
Model: SK-2061
FCC ID: H4IKB2061
IC: 4491A-KB2061
CNC ID: C-11529
CMIIT ID: 2012DJ8055
COFETEL ID: RCPHPSK13-0096
NTC No.ESD-1307196C
P/N: 704219-281
CT: BDDNR0BCP6X0U3

Wireless mouse
Model: SM-2061
FCC ID: H4IMS2061
IC: 4491A-MS2061
CMIIT ID: 2012DJ8056
CNC ID: C-11528
P/N: 704220-001
CT: FDDJA0BCP5X02S

USB dongle
Model: SD2060
FCC ID: H4IDG2060
CMIIT ID: 2010DJ2609
P/N: 704220-001

MY PC is a Lenovo G480 with Windows 8.1 Pro 32 bits as OS; the Windows is up to date.  

I have tried several ways, e.g. using a new set of battery, installing a driver for similar keyboard (HP Wireless Elite Keyboard driver for Windows 7 downloading from HP website), resetting Windows, to solve the problem but it seemed the keyboard couldn't get connected to the PC.

Please kindly advice me how to get the keyboard works, I had also tried to find the correct driver for the keyboard but there were not found in HP website.  If the suggestion is to contact local HP technical support, please kindly provide specific email or phone number.  Thank you in advanced.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It seems noone from HP can help about this matter.  This is very disappointed considering a good reputation of HP products but not technical service.

I also had tried to contact local HP support, however, their responses were not satisfied.

Lastly, I would consider this keyboard as my last HP product I would buy; my friends will be notified by this matters also.

HP Recommended

AGREE on this one, just shelled out $1,000. for an 810-160 gaming computer, came with a wireless mouse, wireless keyboard (SK 2061) and a receiver (Dongle).  Mouse setup was a breeze, keyboard won't connect and my connection to HP support is about the same, NON EXISTENT!  Not like them, I have had good luck in the past, but this one sucks big time!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.