Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z240 Tower Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought the HP branded Intel8260 Product No. N0S95AA. I cannot figure out where to plug in the cable, which has holes for 9 pins.

I cannot find any instructions or motherboard diagrams or anything else that would tell me. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I figured it out.  The cable requires an internal USB port.  Fortunately, there was one available. Plugging it in there and everyhing works fine. 

PS This is a Wifi/Bluetooth combo which is where there is an additional cable. I believe the pci card is for the Wifi, and the cable is for the Bluetooth. 

Problem solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is this the one ?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1221212-REG/hp_n0s95aa_intel_8260_802_11_a_b_g_n_ac.html

HP Intel 8260 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac & BT PCIe Card

Please connect the PCI card to PCI slot first, connect antenna ro see how you go. You may not need the short cable at all.  The cable could be for power.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, that is the one. I tried it without the cable, but the system did not recognize any new hardware.  Tried to access the wireless settings, and it tells me it has no wireless available.

HP Recommended

I figured it out.  The cable requires an internal USB port.  Fortunately, there was one available. Plugging it in there and everyhing works fine. 

PS This is a Wifi/Bluetooth combo which is where there is an additional cable. I believe the pci card is for the Wifi, and the cable is for the Bluetooth. 

Problem solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.