Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP-Pavilion 500-140eg
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

i am looking for an BIOS-update for my HP-Pavilion 500-140eg. I tried to find the update on HP's homepage but unfortunately i get the message "No drivers were found for this product". Is there any way to get the update elsewhere? 

You can see my current BIOS and the error message in the screenshots (it's in german, sorry).

Any help would be very helpful! 

screen2.PNG

screen.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You get that notice because there are no W10 drivers for your PC

Take a look at those two small blue notices above and to the left of that notice.

You will be able to select a different operating system by clicking on the second notice.

I don't recommend updating the BIOS when running W10 since the updates were written for older operating systems.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

You get that notice because there are no W10 drivers for your PC

Take a look at those two small blue notices above and to the left of that notice.

You will be able to select a different operating system by clicking on the second notice.

I don't recommend updating the BIOS when running W10 since the updates were written for older operating systems.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

thank you for your fast answer!

i think it would be better if i just leave the bios version as it is then. 

The reason why i wanted to update my bios is, i want to overclock my system but there aren't any seetings i need for that in the bios. People in other rooms told me it is because my bios needs an update, but is that true? is there maybe any other "advanced" bios i can enter to? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The BIOS' in most if not all HP PC's are 'locked down' to prevent overclocking and whatnot.

This is primarily due to the fact that since the PC comes with a 1 year or more warranty (depending), overclocking a PC could damage the internal components, making warranty claim issues a nightmare for the company.

Updating the BIOS will not do anything to reveal additional settings.

HP Recommended

yeah, good for them, not for me. 😒 

is there any way to "bypass" this "lock"?

HP Recommended

@Markonic

Hello,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

To prevent access to equipment and/or private information by non-authorized users, we request that users do not share instructions intended to bypass security measures – including passwords – in accordance with the Rules Of Participation:

d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP.

Thank you. 

I work on behalf of HP. 

HP Recommended

Hi, @Markonic 

None that I know of.

Best to build your own PC if you want those kind of BIOS overclocking options.

I don't know of any major PC manufacturer that would allow overclocking on their equipment.

I have a Dell PC and that BIOS is simple too.  No options to overclock.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.