Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended

I have a pre built pavilion desktop and it has Erica 6 motherboard. On site of HP it says it have 2 m2 spots. I have already one sad attached and i want to add one more but can't find the other spot or is there second m2 slot on it at all? Can someone please help me to find it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you look at the motherboard expansion slot specs, you have to assume you are looking at a motherboard with no hardware installed.

HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Erica6 | HP® Customer Support

• Two M.2 expansion slots
    • One M.2 socket 1, Key A    If your PC came with a Wi-Fi adapter, this slot is filled by the M.2 Wi-Fi adapter.
    • One M.2 socket 3, Key M, (2280/2242)   If your PC came with a M.2 SSD, this slot is already filled by the M.2 SSD

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you look at the motherboard expansion slot specs, you have to assume you are looking at a motherboard with no hardware installed.

HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Erica6 | HP® Customer Support

• Two M.2 expansion slots
    • One M.2 socket 1, Key A    If your PC came with a Wi-Fi adapter, this slot is filled by the M.2 Wi-Fi adapter.
    • One M.2 socket 3, Key M, (2280/2242)   If your PC came with a M.2 SSD, this slot is already filled by the M.2 SSD
HP Recommended

Can I take the wifi adapter and put SSD instead?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, you would not be able to do that. 

The slot only supports a M 2 wifi adapter. 

HP Recommended

As you have learned from others, there's only one M.2 slot that is SSD capable.  However, you can add either two or three SATA SSDs very easily.

HP Recommended

Yes,i had one sata ssd on hand and i connected that one. so far it solved the problem. thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.