Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have been advised by HP Support Assistant to download and install HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update ROM Family SSID 8187.  When attempting to download and install, a restore point is set, and then the process is turned over to a third-party program/vendor for completion.  I let the computer run for 48+ hours straight without interrupting the process by using any other programs on the computer.  Update never downloaded nor installed.  Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@UfoCollector, welcome to the forum.

HP is working on this problem.  For now, I suggest deleting the update from HPSA.  You don't want a BIOS update to fail.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@UfoCollector, welcome to the forum.

HP is working on this problem.  For now, I suggest deleting the update from HPSA.  You don't want a BIOS update to fail.

HP Recommended

Thank you!!!!

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @UfoCollector.

HP Recommended

@UfoCollector, here is the answer that I received from HP:

"You can determine if the aforementioned SysID patch has been applied to the system by making sure that productconfig.exe is => 8.3.2.1.  The file can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\productconfig.exe"

When you get to the "productconfig.exe" entry, you can simply hold your cursor over it to see the File version: 8.3.2.1 is displayed.  I checked mine and it was updated.

HP Recommended

I SEE YOUR ISSUE IN OCTOBER, IT IS JANUARY 28, 2017 NOW.  HP SUPPORT ASSIST OFFERS ME 4 DESKTOP PC BIOS Updates, SSIDs 2B4B, 828A82F1 and 830C.  I'VE TRIED TO INSTALL THEM A COUPLE OF TIMES AND DON'T KNOW IF THEY DID OR NOT BECAUSE HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT IS STILL TELLING ME THEY ARE AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL???  HAS HP FIXED THIS PROBLEM? 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, I've already tried to intall them like 5 times...

HP Recommended

@AliciaJJ, welcome to the forum.

Did you follow the instructions in my earlier posts?  If not, please do so.  This should solve your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, sorry, I have not explained well, I have the same problem than All_in_Cal. When I do what you explain in your post the number is higher...

HP Recommended

@AliciaJJ, not a problem.

Here is another thing to check to assure that you have the patch that has been provided by HP:

"You can determine if the aforementioned SysID patch has been applied to the system by making sure that productconfig.exe is => 8.3.2.1.  The file can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\productconfig.exe"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.