Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 705 G1 Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

in Order to upgrade the memory of my newly bought pc I wanted to open it, but that doesn't work at all - I loosened the screw in the back  and then tried to slide the top as instructed, but it ain't moving; not in the slightest! I'm completely annoyed because in the manual and in every video I watched because of that they say "It's supereasy; the top is sliding off so so easily", but it's totally not! At least not with my computer.... The top feels completey stuck, even with the screw off, and I'm afraid I might destroy something while trying to open that darn thing...

Can anybody help, please?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYtbHeCOh0s

This video may help, it should be similar. Sometimes there is a metal tab at back that is folded into locking the back in place and you have to bend it flat to slide the case off. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, but no; I don't have such a tab on the back of my version. It looks a little different from the one in the video, too.

In every video I saw by now in which this pc is opened it always looks totally easy - as it should be, of course. But mine just feels stuck, so I meanwhile think there must be something wrong with it. And so returning the thing is an option here. There's another strange problem anyway (with the internet connection), and I don't want to spend any more time in trying to find solutions for problems that just shouldn't be there - it's a new machine!

Anyway, thanks again!

HP Recommended

If you can send it back the do so, better safe than sorry and good luck with all. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.