Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M01-F1002na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Currently my dedicated virtual memory is at 128mb, I have integrated memory and I understand that iGPU’s use normal RAM for virtual memory, for a lot of games or programs I launch, it is either very laggy or it shows an error message showing that my Graphics Card doesn’t meet the minimum requirement and some programs will not start, is there any way to trick the OS or BIOS into using more RAM as Dedicated Virtual Memory?

I’ve heard that it changes automatically depending on the intensity of the running program but that has never happened for me, it seems to be locked at 128mb, however it shows that in the total available memory it can use over 4GB of RAM as video memory?

Can I please get some help to give 2GB of my RAM to the iGPU?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

M01-F1002na Product Specifications

it is not virtual memory here, but the available video memory that we are talking about ??
It is not possible to modify this, if the option is not in the bios
The only solution to improve gaming support would be to add a graphics card.
But given the low power of the power supply, you are very limited!
and it is difficult to change it, if it is possible!
In the current configuration, you can install, by checking the characteristics of the card found:

just example

HP Desktop M01-F1001nl Bundle PC Product Specifications

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 1030 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-desktop-pc-m01-f1000i/32482405/product-info

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.