Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had 8GB RAM running at 2666MHz.

I upgraded to 16GB RAM at 3600MHz.

The current speed is now showing 2133MHz and I can't find a way to change it. No options in the BIOS. Can't find software to do it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@notcho67,

Need more information, specifically the model/part numbers of your computer and your RAM sticks, and the model/part number of your original RAM.

First thought is that you bought (gaming) RAM that requires XMP to enable faster RAM speeds.  If you don't have that option available (and many of us have grappled with that same issue), your new RAM will default to its base speed -in your case at 2133 MHz.

Solution: you likely will have to return your RAM and pick compatible RAM that will run as fast as your motherboard allows.  That's why I asked for the additional info.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.