Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Computer Keeps shutting Down...Beeps

HP Recommended
HP 24-r014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I attempted to turn on my computer today after no use in about a week. At first computer wouldn't turn on. Then after several minutes of pushing power button and disconnecting power source it turned on with error code. Code included 3 long beeps and 4 short beeps three times. Then shut off again.

I unplugged it again and ironically when I laid it flat to look at serial number on the bottom, it turned on again. Keeps turning on...starts all the way up and then turns off again while in the middle of working on web based site. 

I recently bought a new key board a d Mouse (not HP) I suspect it's the culprit. I've unplugged everything How can I make sure that wasnt the only issue? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,990 7,992 337 512
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ZCOPUTEZ Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Computer Keeps shutting Down.

Please attempt the below steps: 

Attempt a BIOS recovery > All in one 

If the above steps work and the display turns on: Perform a hardware test to be on a safer side. 

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance: 

Computer Starts but Monitor/Screen Remains Blank  : Click here 

HP and Compaq All-in-One and HP Touch Smart Desktop PCs - Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer: Click here 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation