Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PRODESK 400 G4 SFF i5-6500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I need some help with the PC mentioned in the product name (HP PRODESK 400 G4 SFF)

The PC won't power on. When I press the power button the power led turns on and then suddenly off. The light color is white/light blue.

I have changed the power supply. I have followed the reset method with the cmos button.

Please I need help ASAP.

My best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This type of problem requires troubleshooting each component connected to the motherboard. You should also only run the PC with a keyboard, mouse, and monitor; a peripheral device or the associated port any peripheral device is connected to could be shorting the system.

You work your way down to the system board as the possible cause.

Pull and replace the CR2032 MB battery with a new battery, let the PC sit for about 15 minutes before installing the new MB battery. This should reset CMOS.

Regards

HP Recommended

Good day to you sir.

Thank you for the quick response. I tried to replace the battery before and reset the CMOS again.

I did your method as well. Unfortunately it did not work.

I think my next step is to rewrite the bios on the motherboard. If you have any other suggestion please let me know.

Thank you again.

My best regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.