Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15 (0806)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
My dad bought a Hp Omen 15 0806 i think, and wanted to double the size of the storage, and with compatability for raid 0, i bought the most exact nvme ssd i could find, the sn750, and right now theres a sn720 in the laptop.

So basically i have never configured raid on any pc, and wanted some help. Theres a boot drive in the laptop, with programs etc. And i wanted to "merge" the two drives together, so the 2 500gb ssds become 1tb.

How am going to do that? And i dont know of you can do it without having to reinstall windows, but it would be nice.

I know theres the "Spanned" and "Striped" options i can do, but i dont know which is best for my purpose, and if theres any other way.

I would GREATLY appreciate any kind of support, and thanks in advance. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sn750's are very very fast. Running over 3,000MB/s. Why would you even need  Raid?  The newest generation  M.2 NVmn are so fast and quick I don't even see a need for Raid. Just an observation. Actually just curious. I use a Samsung 970 m2 512GB and it shows well over 2500 MB/s on Crystal disk speed check. Take care

HP Recommended

I know, but the problem is that he stores a lot of pictures and large video files, and not good at all at computers, so it would just be very much easier to just have 1 big ssd instead of him having to switch where he wants to place the files and stuff. So basically not for extra speed, just convenience.

HP Recommended

yes, raid is complex, and mixing drive types is a no-no, but if using the correct series of drive, the do work one large and one smaller, like my R710 does. a real server.

why not just avoid RAID totally , ?  that is HW raid and just

your not going for more speed only larger size, even 2 times.

use good old microsoft w10 way.

the magic name is "storage spaces"

1000s of examples using google to find this, even MS has pages teaching this , no less.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-set-up-raid-windows-10,36783.html

and so easy.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

I have seen guides on how to raid with storage spaces, but when i type it, nothing comes up. Any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.