Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Desktop (TE01-0034)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect a Radeon RX 570 video card in my HP Envy Desktop (TE01-0034) and needs a six-pin power connector; but I do not see one in the computer. I only see two 4-pin connectors that go to the motherboard.  Is there one somewhere that I am missing, or what is my other option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@omarrh_spider,

Those units all have a unique HP proprietary designed power supply (PSU). The TE01-0034 just happens to be mentioned in my spreadsheet, as shown here.  IMHO, you need the 400W PSU on that list. Here is how the install that new PSU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2n2Z6JJJ7E

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

wrong PSU

a real PC has ATX12  spec PSU with 2 of those. that even split to 6/8 and 6/8

if you buy any GPU over 75watts that 12vdc AUX cable is NOT OPTional ever seen on the card. GPU.

the RX570 is  150 watt card, your PSU is 180w,

so is DOUBLE WRONG.

triple if using wrong height card too.

this is the SFF PC?

Power Supply - GNRC PSU 180W Entl18 SFF FR Gold

or

Power Supply - GNRC PSU 310W Sirius2 ENT19 Full Range

I can not see you PC and what size model it is.

the service tag has  model # there,  like this.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/WSearch.aspx?Wchar=Y&searchText=TE01-0034

see those and are NOT THE SAME PC.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@omarrh_spider,

Those units all have a unique HP proprietary designed power supply (PSU). The TE01-0034 just happens to be mentioned in my spreadsheet, as shown here.  IMHO, you need the 400W PSU on that list. Here is how the install that new PSU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2n2Z6JJJ7E

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

you need to upgrade the psu to something more powerful. those computers have a small psu that is only needed to power its basic hardware functions. u are gonna need a min of 600w.  the specs of the gpu ask for 450. the psu only has 150w. so to be on the safe side buy a 500 to 600. look at pricing and reviews. make sure u dont get a cheap brand psu. get a known name brand.. reviews are very important!!! once you by the psu, you now can install it by removing power cable from old pc, and disconnect all other cabled connected to pc. now open up the case by removing either 2 screws right side of pc or just one large silver screw. the large silver screw does not come off. remove psu cables from motherboard, remove old psu, install new psu. connect cables that are needed. pay attention to the cables. they all have names on each of the connectors. do not force anything in if it does not want to go in. if cable does not want to go in you might have the connection backwords or wrong cable. if you need help with powersupply just ask. once u finished connecting psu install the new gpu into the case. connect cables. make sure no cables will hit the cpu fan. dont close case yet. connect nessary cables to pc like keyboard mouse monitor cable and power cable and ethernet if u use it. let pc boot to windows. if you are at the desktop that means everything went well. now u can put back the side panel for the pc case. then proceed to amd to download the latest drivers. when ur installing the amd drivers do a clean install. follow directions. once done with installing gpu drivers and u have done a few restarts after the gpu drivers install when it asked to restart try out any game. doesnt have to be heavy graphics to try it out. any game will do fine. play for about 10 mins and if no crashes u are SUCESSFUL!!! happy gaming!!

HP Recommended

@fpresiado 

Sadly you did not understand my explanation of proprietary design, nor did you watch the video.  🤔

1) Those units DO NOT use a standard 24 pin ATX PSU.

2) The max HP designed PSU for those computers is 500W.

3) Basic TE01 series computers only have a 180W PSU.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. Just one question, though.  You mentioned getting the 400 W PSU. There are 3 different models in the list.  Which one would you  recommend?  What is the difference between them?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I saw the design of the power supply and I'll tell u. U are very limited to what I can install. You would have to do some research which one u can install. Or I suggest another pc if u can

HP Recommended

I saw the design and it's a weird one.

HP Recommended

@fpresiado 

The L04618-800 has been the choice.  2nd to that is the L942332-001.  The only difference is that the 942332 model has more wires on the inline 7 pin.  The OP who got it reported no issues.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.