Pavillion_01
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Connecting Video Camera To Pavillion all in one Desktop

HP Recommended
Pavillion 27 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do video editing and just purchased a Pavillion All-in_one 27 desktop computer. I need to connect my Sony handicam 450x digital 8 camera which has an i.LINK (IEEEE1394) DV output port. There is no i.LINK (IEEEE1394) port on the HP computer so I can't simply connect the camera directly to the computer with the i.LINK (IEEEE1394) cable I have.

I do see a FIRE WIRE port on the computer so I assume I can purchase an good adapter cable to use to connect the camera. Is there anything else I need to know ???  such as additional DRIVERS for WIN 10 /64 bit etc.....or is there another way to connect to get the high speed data transfer capability i need.

1 REPLY 1
ctrl_alt_del
Level 4
51 49 12 12
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that it will work if you directly connect the i.Link cable into the firewire port on your computer.

I hope this helped.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation