Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P6000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I had PC issues and opened my PC up and it was completly full of dust. I removed the rear fan and also the processor fan to clean them and didn't take notes and now I am not sure what direction the fans are supposed to go.  For the rear fan should the air direction be out or in?  Also for the processor fan, should the air flow be towards the processor? Thanks

PS: Next time I will take pictures before I start.

PC Information: HP Pavilion P6000, Model P6720F, Product #BV532AA#ABA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@EdwarDean

Rear/System fan air flow out.

FAN#1.PNG

CPU fan will have the round sticker on top.

FAN#2.PNG

REO

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@EdwarDean

Rear/System fan air flow out.

FAN#1.PNG

CPU fan will have the round sticker on top.

FAN#2.PNG

REO

HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance. It was a big help.

On another note, my PC won't start up. It makes all those noises like usual and all the fans are running, there is a green light on in the back of the PC, but no startup. It sounds like it's on first gear and won't shift into second gear. Any ideas on what to do is appreciated. No messages on my monitor. Let me know if I should post this elsewhere. Thanks

HP Recommended

@EdwarDean

First thing I would do is reseat the memoery.

Start a new post here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/bd-p/lockups

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks Buddy! I will do that. Have a good one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.