cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
CookingOnHigh
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cooling Upgrade Omen

HP Recommended
HP Omen 30l GT13-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently purchased a GT13-0024 Omen PC and it is a great setup! However the main drawback of this computer is it's stock cooling setup. I did a little research and found that this Ryzen series tends to be bundled with a Raid Prism cooler which is form-fit for this kind of processor. The round heat sink included as stock is not a perfect match.

I decided to amend this situation. However I also found out that the Moria3 motherboard included in this desktop lacks AM4 retention brackets as well as the standard RBG connector. If I were to upgrade to the Ryzen 3900x then I would only be able to fit the processor and not the cooling. This is even more troubling when looking for a proper liquid cooling solution as the brackets are missing and the setup is not a standard AM4, making this motherboard very incompatible. 

What can be done? What are the full specs of this Moria3 motherboard? I only found a short document explaining the sockets available.

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,493 9,136 2,949 11,181
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CookingOnHigh , welcome to the Community.

Here is the Manuals section of the Product Specifications: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-desktop-pc-30l-gt13-0000a/33802663/model/34128637/manuals

You will have to click on "Manuals" to open the section.  This section has all of the information that you will need for the computer.  Also, here is a video that I found that will explain a lot about your computer's design:

The Reviewer does a good job of explaining why the processor and cooler are setup this way.  I believe Cooler Master may make a liquid cooler that will work with your motherboard.  I suggest that you contact their Tech Support to see what they have to say.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation