Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0170m CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello for some reason my CPU temp is spiking for absolutely no reason and its bothering me. My CPU is the Ryzen 5 3500. I just reinstalled windows and this shouldn't even be a problem. In the power options in control panel I use High Performance and I put the max and the min to 99% but that still didn't work. I am getting frustrated because I payed for a pc not a pc that wanna have spikes in temps. What could be causing this? When I put the min and max processing power to 99 it reduces my clock speed to 3.5ghz and when they are on 100 the clock speed is 3.9ghz to 4.0ghz and the temps start spiking when I am doing nothing. I use HWinfo64 to to track them. Can I get help please!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

CPU temp spikes can be caused by improper thermal paste application or inadequate CPU cooling.

Try balanced performance in power options. Reapply thermal paste or replace the stock cooler.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.