Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
spectre wireless mouse 700

How to customize the buttons and wheel behaviour in Windows 11? There was an answer in this forum that it can be done through system settings, but no, in Windows 11 no such options exist. And HP doesn't offer ANY such app from the downloads section. On the other hand, for Logitech mice, for example, an app (Logi Options +) is automatically downloaded as soon as you pair the mouse, and it lets you customize everything, including having different customizations for various pieces of software. Wouldn't it be nice if HP offered something similar? The Spectre wireless mouse 700 doesn't cost any less than similar Logitech products, so I think we are entitled to expect similar level of support.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

If you are running Windows 11, type mouse in the search box and click on the mouse settings icon that appears above.

That will invoke the part of Windows 11 settings that are specifically for the mouse.

MouseSettings.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sorry but it seems that you didn't really read what I wrote. These are the generic windows mouse control options, which essentially don't enable the full customization of the mouse controls. It only allows you to invert the function of the main two buttons, and set the cursor and wheel speed. No mention of the two extra buttons (back/forward) or any possiblity to customize their function. So IT IS NOT an interface for the customization of the Spectre wireless 700 mouse. That means I'm still waiting for HP to produce an app for this, as Logitech has for their products.

HP Recommended

hi

hp provided software, but for certain models only!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1HNBH9Nesk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjZPokWfOpQ

may try

https://www.windowsdigitals.com/how-to-remap-mouse-buttons-in-windows-11/

If your mouse does not come with a dedicated configuration app, you can use a third-party mouse remap software such as X-Mouse Button Control to remap any mouse button for your mouse.

or another one you want

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-spectre-rechargeable-mouse/23462614/model/23462615/manuals

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

You stated that there were no control options in Windows 11, so I provided a path to what is available.

I knew that, unlike my Omen mouse and keyboard, which have the Omen Gaming hub to configure both, there was no specific app for your mainstream wireless mouse.

Perhaps what the other member provided links to will help you.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks everyone. So we concluded that there is no HP custom app, but third party solutions that are usable in this case. I guess I will have to live with that. I guess this issue is cleared.

HP Recommended

Yes

ok , so have you tried?
I gave you this as an example, but I don't know if it will be suitable
so thank you, to indicate if it is the case, or not, who knows it could help other users in the same case!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

No, I haven't tried it yet since I've been very busy, and preocupied with a more serious issue concerning the built in microphone array of the laptop. And after all the default assignments of the buttons 4 and 5 as back/forward isn't so bad. I was just curious if I could, perhaps, make better use of the forward button, as I'm practically not using it. If and when I try it, I'll share my experience.

HP Recommended

ok, thank you

sorry, for this other problem
I hope you find a solution

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.