12-07-2016 11:50 AM
I have a DC7600 Small Form Factor cmt with a
- Intel P4 630 (3.0/800/2M) HyperThreading processor
- 4GB Ram
Can I upgrade to any of these cpu's?
- Pentium D 945 Dual Core 3.4 GHz (4M/800) SL9QQ / SL9QB
- Pentium D 950 Dual Core 3.4 GHz (4M/800)
- Pentium D 960 Dual Core 3.6 GHz (4M/800)
- Pentium D 930 Dual Core 3.0 GHz (4M/800)
- Pentium D 940 Dual Core 3.2 GHz (4M/800)
And would I see the performance improvements?
Here is link to specs: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00376254
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-07-2016 12:18 PM
I upgraded my dc7600 from the P4 630 to the PD 945 (because I didn't need VT that the 950 provides).
I got the processor with the SL9QQ sSpec.
I maxed the memory out to 4 GB of PC2-5300 memory.
The improvement going from the Pentium 4 to the Pentium D was very noticeable.
The dc7600 will not allow you to go beyond the PD 950.