Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

It's been a month since my motherboard died. One day it just smelled like a burning plastic, it then turned off and I couldn't turn it on since then. No lights are on, PSU does not turn on.

As of today, I still have 15 days of warranty remaining but I could find a way to contact support.

I'm not seeing any option/form on the website, the authorized service centers that HP has listed on the website just refused to take it because "they are not yet set up to work with HP", although their call center said they would be glad to help.

This is really frustrating, especially that I'm not seeing a way to request support in any way from the manufacturer. Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
you need to provide information like the S / N serial number of the computer, have you tried?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact/desktops

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Have tried that, I seem to be going in circles there. Someone from HP support team already reached out to me here.

On the website though:

• Contact support
    • Select product from the list
      • ask virtual agent - just a virtual agent chat, did not help much
      • Software and drivers - not applicable
      • Printer support - not applicable
      • Computer support
        • contact us - returns me to the previous page
        • hardware diagnostics (no way to run any software on that mobo)
          • Failure ID - don't have one
          • Beeping sound help pages - don't help much since my mobo doesn't even turn on
      • Contact HP agent for support - throws me on the "Contact support page"

I.e. I don't see a way to start a case in any way

HP Recommended

One more thing to note - HP Website lists "ubreakifix" as the only authorized service centers network in california/ sf-bay area.

I was told in their shops that they are not set up to accept in-warranty repairs from HP and only have 1 service center that can (which is 1.5 hrs from me or I'd have to mail the mobo in)

I'm not sure what went wrong and where - but something certainly did

HP Recommended

You did not say that we had already contacted you it was an hp agent, what was done then?

The link I gave you must have this: you write the S / N No., it does not work? Can you send it to me as a private message so that I can do the test?

[edit]

Phew if you have already made a request under another nickname
I do not see a response from an HP agent here
but and now I remember I found this

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Optimizing-airflow-inside-Obelisk-25L/m-p/7725686#M111...

I hope it is not this computer, because if the motherboard burnt out after the manipulations described here, the warranty may not work!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Nothing was done until now - someone with HP badge contacted me in private message requesting some details, I never heard back.

It is the same computer. I don't have an issue with the cooling system that I installed.

But if I made a mistake that resulted in the mobo burning down I'll accept that and move on - so far nobody was there even to tell me that and explain what exactly was wrong.

I have not been able to get in touch with the manufacturer to open a case about this. There's no phone support and I do not see an option to open a case anywhere on the website. Service centers that were listed as authorized refuse to take in in-warranty product.

This is highly disturbing to me.

HP Recommended

All I can do for you is postpone your topic, hoping an agent responds

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.