Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Tower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello There.

I want to deploy BIOS updates from SCCM to my HP PC on my organization.

I installed Update Publisher on SCCM and connect to WSUS and SCCM, after this step i download the HP catalog file and i download the HP updates to server.

When i deploy BIOS update to HP EliteDesk 800 G2 TWR i get failed to BIOS update.

in the update description i saw the comment:

[02.24.A1] This package is used to update the System BIOS on HP Business Desktop models with an N01 Family BIOS. [NOTE: THIS BIOS UPDATE SHOULD NOT BE DEPLOYED IF A BIOS ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD HAS BEEN SET.]

What can i do to deploy BIOS update to comuters that set password in BIOS?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am working through this right now as well. I decided to go with creating a task sequence that deploys the BIOS update by using a command line string from a package. As part of the command line, there is a parameter that allows you to use a .BIN file that contains the password. You can find the article I based my task sequence on here

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply

I try it with ssm.exe utility and i get this error:

ROM Firmware for 8300 Elite and 6300 Pro Business PCs (K01) (SP73099.CVA): Problem encountered when launching the install command. Command line was (cmd.exe /c ""hpqflash\hpqflash.exe" -s -p"C:\ssm\PWDCAAE.tmp"") which returned (Assuming Failure (Return code = 0x103))

what mean Error code 0x103?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.