Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z820 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i am some what of a novice at the moment but learning daily.

i have a z820 if i purchase 3 SAS HDD 3TB or more and fit them in the drive bays.

and plug the Sata cables in the bottom Sata connecters will this work ? Oh will i have to purchase a 

SAS Controller card (Boot Block 03/06/2013 )

thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Before you get in too deep, I would strongly recommend you download the following documents, and bookmark the HP Z820 support page in your browser. As a minimum, familarize yourself with the contents of the documents and follow the recommended guidelines regarding upgrading or configuring your system.

HP Z820 Support Page

HP Z820 Quickspecs

HP Z820 Maintenance and Service Guide

EDIT: Just another quick tip. If you type "Z820 AND RAID" in the search bar, you will find multiple posts on this topic that are worth checking out. The search bar supports Boolean operators such as AND, OR, NOT or AND NOT in the search terms.

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.