cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Wonderings
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

DisplayPort for hp pavilion pc 570-p0xx?

HP Recommended
hp pavilion pc 570-p0xx

Does one need a bi-directional Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable if there's no native DP on the PC? Or a Thunderbolt, although I don't think the PC has that either? How will I otherwise connect DP?

13 REPLIES 13
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
98,778 37,820 12,827 27,073
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wonderings 

What is your hp pavilion pc 570-p0xx  ?  For example

HP Pavilion 570-p026 Desktop PC

Your machine probably has same ports as above machine. It has HDMI port for video out. You can use HDMI-DP or HDMI-miniDP cable to connect to a monitor.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Wonderings
Author
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where exactly can the exact numbers be found? I got that off a system page too, but it just had the xx as shown...

Also, I want this for a VR headset that requires DP, which is why I mentioned bi-directional, so I'm assuming just any HDMI-DP or HDMI-miniDP cable will be useless (and I read that bi-directional doesn't seem to exist... in which case either USB-C or Thunderbolt, apparently, can be an adaptor for DP... neither which this PC seems to have... so I think I'm going to resort to a new card... but tell me if I missed anything...)

banhien
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wonderings 

Well, it is not a monitor and DisplayPort to HDMI cables will only carry signals in one direction therefore you have to pick another option such as a video card.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Wonderings
Author
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you know if ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Dual OC 8gb fits in this PC?

banhien
Level 20
Level 20
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wonderings 

It may fit but it won't work on your machine. It requites 400W PSU

https://www.nvidia.com/en-au/geforce/10-series/

and your machine only has 180W

Regards,

BH

>
Wonderings
Author
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@

Where does one even get that info from? My system board apparently is 82F2 A01 but no matter how many screens I check I never encounter any info on power supplies...

Would you know if I can upgrade it then, and to what?

Wonderings
Author
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

(Anyone?)

banhien
Level 20
Level 20
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wonderings 

You need to know what is your machine first. As mentioned on my early reply, I assuming your machine is similar with the machine on my reply. You can use the following way to work out what is your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

Regards.

BH

>
Wonderings
Author
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@And do what with it? Should I mention the s/n, p/n here? Searching for them online only gets shops as results...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation