cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Junebuggie
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Do I need a surge protector for my all in one and printer!

HP Recommended
HP all in one and hp envy pro 6400 series

I was wondering if I need to put my HP all in one desktop computer and printer on a power strip or surge protector to protect from damage in case of lightning strike or power outage? 

2 REPLIES 2
Prométhée
Level 15
Level 15
3,072 3,026 325 1,299
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
so, yes, you can do it very well, but it's not foolproof

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
stevecomputer
Level 5
313 310 10 51
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

APC make voltage regulators that you can get second hand for cheap and they are much better than any power strip surge protector. Most capacitors fail because of constant small dips in electricity rather than one big surge. Surge protectors can fail and not be protecting your equipment and you have no way of knowing, some are just another fuse in a fancy housing and big price. A voltage regulator will guarantee a clean supply. They are similar in size and shape to a UPS but cheaper and easier to use, you just plug in.  If your equipment is expensive then an APC UPS would be better.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation