Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-1150xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,  I'd like to import digital video into my Envy Desktop TEO1-1150xtCTO. Does the Envy support Firewire, and if yes, is there a certain name or brand or specs I need to look for.  Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

In order to add a fire wire card, there needs to be a PCIxE slot.  It does appear that your PC has such a slot, so it is possible.  There are many choices but here is an examlpe

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N2WQZTS/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07N2WQZTS&pd_rd_w=tyr8E&con...

Windows OS supports the hardware, so it should be OK for what you asked as long as you know what type of firewire support is needed and you have the software to address the device being connected.

If you wish to share what exactly the device is and software you intend to use, that would be helpful.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hey Old Man,    Thank you for the link.  PERFECT!!

I'm an old retired video editor.  Modern technology has left me behind.  I tried taking the firewire connection from an old HP 8400 Work Station, but the pins did not line up with the circuit board.  The pins on the link you sent look more compatible.  

I plan on using Adobe CS-3 for editing if I can over ride the key.  I own the product (Adobe CS 3) but Adobe stopped making the key for re-installation set-up a few years ago. Which is frustrating,   lol.  One step at a time.  Worse case scenario is I'm out $20.00.  Again thank you for your response and link.  Very much appreciated!

HP Recommended

You are welcome.  If you need anything further, please come back on this thread.

FYI: there are free alternatives to the Adobe CS-3 if you cannot get the software to work.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Oooh!  What are the free alternatives?  Frustrated and interested.

HP Recommended

With the use of a firewire card would, it would be expected to be using a movie camera and the software would be for doing digital video.  What camera are you going to be using and what are the expected end results?

Assuming video - what forum?  DVD, BluRay, MP4?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Old Man,  Thank you for your response.   I would be using a "Sony Digital HD Videocassette Recorder/Player" to import SD to the HP Envy.  Basic edits, cutting and shortening scenes then burn to DVD.  

Suggestions appreciated.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.