Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I was planning to buy an Omen X 17t(Product #2RJ65AV_1) laptop. One of the customizations available for RAM was (1x16 GB RAM with Intel XMP profile).

On researching i found that a LOT of customers after buying found that HP BIOS installed does not even support or has an option to enable XMP profile advertised for the RAM.

There is a lot of misinformation out there so am asking HP guys that does the HP BIOS now support Intel XMP ?

I dont want to pay $40.00 dollars extra for something that isn't even supported.

Any help is appreciated. Thank You. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I have not come across a HP PC with BIOS overclocking options. You need this to use XMP or tweak processor timings and voltages. Some Omen PCs can run at 2400 MHz instead of 2133 speed. Maybe this PC will do XMP at higher speeds if HP is advertising this option.

You can do some minor tweaks using the Omen Command center.

Is this the PC (Link) you are looking at? I don't see any MB or product specs so I cannot look at the supported memory.

Regards

HP Recommended

most OEM sell systems that prevent overclocking of cpu's and ram since they do not want all of the service/warranty calls from people who try overclocking and end up with non working or unstable systems

laptops are even more of a issue due to the limited thermal headroom, the HP specs for your model laptop  list 32 GB DDR4-2800 SDRAM (2 x 16 GB) supporting Intel® XMP, however that does not mean that you (the user) can change the memory settings all it means is that the system bios will see memory that is 2800 capable and apply the settings automaticly

also ddr4-2800 is not a approved JDEC standard for memory speeds but it is a common memory speed offered by many memory resellers and is supported by many computer systems via XMP profiles

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05948621

HP Recommended

You can use omen command center to activate the xmp profile. You can also overclock the CPU. I recommend MSI afterburner to overclock the GPU.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.