cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
m4d_m4tt
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Does adding more RAM void HP Care Pack?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0027nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0027nl bought the 19th of december 2019 with HP Care Pack till the 11th of december 2022, my question is if upgrading my ram with another 8gb DDR4 module for a total of 16gb dual channel (in the open slot on the motherboard) does void the warranty, in this case HP Care Pack. I really need to know cause I don't wanna wait 2 years to fast my performance, when I first bought this PC they told me I might upgrade it but they didn't talk about warranty so my question remains, I'm sorry for my english I'm Italian.

Thanks anyway.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
erico
Level 17
Level 17
49,230 11,774 4,782 12,991
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No.

As long as you don't damage the desktop PC while you are upgrading it the warranty is not voided.

I recommend installing two modules that are identical in all respects in order for the upgrade to work as expected.

Otherwise, you might find only one module being recognized as present or the PC not even booting to Windows

Don't forget to click on the green Accept as Solution button if I helped you solve your issue.
Click on the Yes button if my assistance was helpful and you would like to say thanks!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
erico
Level 17
Level 17
49,230 11,774 4,782 12,991
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No.

As long as you don't damage the desktop PC while you are upgrading it the warranty is not voided.

I recommend installing two modules that are identical in all respects in order for the upgrade to work as expected.

Otherwise, you might find only one module being recognized as present or the PC not even booting to Windows

Don't forget to click on the green Accept as Solution button if I helped you solve your issue.
Click on the Yes button if my assistance was helpful and you would like to say thanks!
m4d_m4tt
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much, you've been really helpful, I'm gonna buy the same exact RAM module my desktop already has (which is a Samsung m378a1k43cb2-ctd 8gb 2666mhz) and I can't wait to upgrade, thanks again.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation