Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp elitedesk g1 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The i5 cpus supporting the elitedesk G1 800 all support 1333mhz ram but ive never seen anyone use 1333mhz ram on their elitedesk g1 800

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Page 10 of the quickspecs indicate only DDR3-1600 memory is supported.

Microsoft Word - HP_EliteDesk_800_G1_Business_PC_Series_QuickSpecs_12.03.13.docx

Even if the DDR3-1333 memory worked, it would slow the memory speed down, because all of the processors can run the memory at the full 1600 MHz.

I'd only install 1333 MHz memory if I had some laying around, and needed to get the PC up and running.

I also recommend you buy DDR3L-1600 (1.35V) memory, because the DDR3L memory can run at either 1.5V or 1.35V.

DDR3 (1.5V) memory can only run at 1.5V.

HP Recommended

I checked the i5 cpus that are supported by this computer and they all support ddr3 1333mhz ram. And i wanna transfer all my old parts from an old computer to this specific model. So im wondering if anyone has tried this already 

HP Recommended

Give it a try.

The worst that can happen is the PC won't boot up.

You won't break anything.

The chances of you getting someone to reply who installed DDR3-1333 memory in an 800 G1 are slim and none.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.