Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G2 Tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to boot a EliteDesk 800 G2 Tower from a nvme m.2 ssd drive? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @BigWater 

No.   Compatible M.2 SSD type is 512-GB Solid-state Drive (SSD), M.2, 2280SS, 3D, NAND, PCIe

The NVMe  specification's protocol is not compatible with your desktop's BIOS.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I understand the EliteDesk800 g2 Tower doesn’t have a built in nvme m.2 slot but if a nvme to pcie adapter is installed can it boot from it?

HP Recommended

It still won't be recognized by the BIOS.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Are you sure NVME isn't supported?

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c05076942

BIOS update for EliteDesk 800 G2 TWR/SFF

says:

"Fixed NVMe Boot Priority to allow image to be installed on the NVMe device"

HP Recommended

Did anyone check that it works???

HP Recommended

I'd love to, but as NO other systems I own use NVME drives, I'm not willing to invest in the drive and PCIe card in hopes it will.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.