Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking to buy a EliteDesk Mini 800 g9 with the Nvidia 3050 dgpu, however there is conflicting information regarding which variety HP is offering.

HP docs and 3rd party reviews say it's an RTX 3050 ti, but resellers all list it as a 3050 MAX Q, which is a significantly lesser version.

Which is accurate? 

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Cschwacofer,

Welcome to our HP user Forum!

They are both accurate.

An HP Elite Mini 800 G9 PC is "customizable", meaning, the Buyer can purchase it with an optional ("configurational") graphics card such as the Nvidia RTX 3050 Ti or the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 with max-q.

What you want is -to the best of my knowledge: an HP Elite Mini 800 G9 PC with RTX 3050 Ti "HP Elite Mini 800 G9 vPro Core i7-12700T 1.4GHz 16GB 512GB SSD RTX3050Ti ax BT DP 180W W11P-W10P64DG" and p/n: 72D55UT#ABA:

NonSequitur777_1-1682992896968.png

The challenge is to get one. You may have to call HP to verify the aforementioned, and where/how/when you can purchase it. Also, the RTX 3050 Ti modules are difficult to find in stock, which makes this configuration even harder to get.  And then there is a possibility that instead of getting an HP EliteDesk 800 G9 fitted with an RTX 3050 Ti, you get one with an RTX 3050. Vigilance is prudent.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there anything from HP documentation or manuals that list the Max-Q as a possible variation?

I guess that's the main thing that would answer my concerns. I've only ever seen it listed as a TI in documentation. Tangentially, don't think I've even seen any version as an option to build your own on the sales website.

Other than resellers, where is the potential Max-Q variant listed as a product?

Thank you again. 

HP Recommended

I appreciate the reply and the link to the Ti variant!

But the Walmart link is like so many others a 3rd party. Is there anything in the HP.com domain (and related business sites) that mentions the Max-Q?

HP Recommended

@Cschwacofer,

I did not when I looked.

My recommendation is to reach out to HP: HP® Customer Service.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.