Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC GT22-0000i (393C5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone,

can someone tell me if there is the possibility of enabling xmp in the bios of my Omen 45L?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem solved with the Bios update F12 👍

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Even though the "OMEN" is HP's performance gaming line of systems, the bios options are still very restrictive compared to retail 3rd party motherboards HP does this to prevent users from setting wrong settings and then having to call support for help

with that said, i do know that the Omen 30L (with latest bios) does have a XMP profile option available so if you lack this check that you have the latest bios for your model installed

the XMP options should be under the "advanced"  tab and should be labeled memory as i recall

note that this tab will only show if running memory that has XMP profile support

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, the bios is updated but only allows a customized modification of the ram parameters, honestly I do not have the technical competence to do it, I was hoping there were some preset xmp parameters like in the 25L.

Thank you again

HP Recommended

again your memory modules MUST have a XMP profile if not the bios will not show the select "XMP" option

you can use CPU-Z to determine if/what the XMP profile settings are for your ram

HP Recommended

Yes, i have done an upgrade to 64GB with HyperX Fury 3733 mhz Intel XMP-ready, but the highest rated speed expected for default by the system BIOS is 2400 mhz.

The XMP options in the bios does not automatically update the ram parameters, I would have to do it manually.

I think HP has blocked this possibility.

HP Recommended

Problem solved with the Bios update F12 👍

HP Recommended

as i pointed out in my original reply to you having the latest bios update installed was required

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.