Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 32 AIO

Does anyone know how to put the Envy 32 keyboard in pairing mode?  I purchased a brand new replacement keyboard from HP (long story) and there are no instructions on how to re-pair the keyboard with the computer.  This is the same style keyboard that comes with the computer when new.  It has the phone/tablet slot at the back edge.

I've called HP tech support and they are useless.  Thanks in advance for the help if someone knows the answer to this.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JetRanger27 

What is your keyboard ? Is it a Bluetooth keyboard OR using USB receiver keyboard.

If USB receiver the keyboard it wouldn't work because it does not know signals from the receiver.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This is the same answer I get when I call for support.  What type of keyboard is it? I don't know. YOU TELL ME! I didn't build the thing.

All I know is that there is a keyboard and mouse. No USB receiver. The replacement is the same. I see HP Keyboard and Mouse Kit under Bluetooth settings as connected. I can only assume that is for the original keyboard that I don't have.  I need to connect the replacement keyboard. It too does not have a receiver. It was ordered direct from HP as a replacement part. I can only assume it is Bluetooth keyboard.

How can NOBODY at HP know which method the keyboard uses to connect to the computer that they built?? Why is this so hard to figure out? This boggles my mind. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.