Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TE01-
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought an HP Envy (TE01) from Amazon and the sound is horrible. I opened the case to see two open expansion slots (1 - PCI and 1 - PCIe) and I thought I was good to go with adding a sound card so I went back and ordered one. It arrived yesterday so this morning I opened the case again to remove the back plate and "BAM" it is all one piece. No little screws to loosen to take out the blank plate to install the card.

There seems to be a tab system locking that plate (which holds 4 of the smaller "blank" plates) to the back, but as I am totally new to all this ... can't ya tell 🙂 ... I am worried I will break something if I mess with it too much.
I guess my question is twofold -
Can I even put a new sound card in this machine? Are those blanks, that are all together and NOT just four individual blanks, telling me that I can't add anything to this computer? Or is this just a new/old standard for making a cheap system faster to put together?

Okay, maybe that question was tri-fold. Ha. 
I just don't want to break anything, if I can avoid it. It looks like I should be able to take the "locking bar" off (whatever that is called) and then twist the one blank back and forth to break in from the other three, but yeah ... kinda worried.

Thanks for any and all advice and I do apologize for being so nondescript in what I am trying to express.
Peace!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am soooo ...

Sorry guys and gals. I got it. I figured it out. There is a tab right in front of my eyes that I pull towards me, ever so easy, and all is revealed.
I looked for a way to delete my message but to no-ones surprise I am sure, I didn't find a way. So please, just ignore this entire post. Thanks for even taking the time. I am sorry.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I am soooo ...

Sorry guys and gals. I got it. I figured it out. There is a tab right in front of my eyes that I pull towards me, ever so easy, and all is revealed.
I looked for a way to delete my message but to no-ones surprise I am sure, I didn't find a way. So please, just ignore this entire post. Thanks for even taking the time. I am sorry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.