Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, ich habe bei meinem PC die CPU ausgetauscht.
Genauer gesagt, habe ich die i3-6100T gegen eine i5-6600 eingetauscht. Jetzt bekomme ich beim hochfahren immer die Fehlermeldung ,,901-Chassis Fan Detected (Fan Detection Error)". Das Bios wurde bereits geupdatet und der Lüfter arbeitet auch normal. Der Fehler entsteht wohl, weil die i3 ein TDP von 35W hat und die i5 von 65W. Der PC erkennt somit, dass beim starten die CPU wärmer ist als die ursprüngliche, was auch normal ist, da diese mehr Leistung besitzt. Ich würde gerne die Fehlermeldung wegbekommen. HP möchte mir einen neuen Lüfter anbieten, was für mich aber keinen Sinn ergibt, da der alte ganz normal arbeitet, warum sollte durch einen Tausch der Fehler code verschwinden?

Vg LX

In English below:

Hey, I changed the CPU on my PC. To be more precise, I swapped the i3-6100T for an i5-6600. Now I always get the error message "901-Chassis Fan Detected (Fan Detection Error)" when booting up. The BIOS has already been updated and the fan is also working normally. The error arises because the i3 has a TDP of 35W and the i5 of 65W. The PC recognizes that the CPU is warmer than the original one when it starts, which is normal because it has more power. I would like to get rid of the error message. HP would like to offer me a new fan, but this doesn’t make sense to me. The working temperature of the CPU is normal and the old one works normally, why should the error code disappear by exchanging it?

Greetings

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Chassis Fan Detected

Most motherboards have a socket for BOTH a "CPU Fan" and a "Chassis Fan".

The fan on top of the processor should be connected to that "CPU Fan" socket.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I only have one fan in my mini PC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.