Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have a JVC GRD93 EK mini DV video camera the I am trying to get the recordings off. I am having a problem with my PC recognising the camera, even though I am using a August VGB100.   I cannot get the drivers for the camera as it is quite a few years old.  So I wondered if I could connect the camera with fire wire cable which I do have. The only thing is my PC doesn't have a fire wire port. Is it possible to get one fitted to the all in one PCs?

thanks

Malcolm

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You will need to identify your HP desktop PC with its product number or complete product name.

Firewire is an obsolete technology.  You will need to locate an adapter. There haven't been firewire ports on PCs for at least fifteen or more years.

Since you have not identified your PC, that leaves us at a serious disadvantage.

Here are sources for a USB to firewire adapter. I do not have personal experience with any of these products.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS918US918&ei=N7noX-_1NOLO5gKG7pegCQ&q=USB+firewire+adap...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi Erico. Thanks for the reply. Sorry I filled all the info on my computer when registering.

It is a HP Pavilion all in one DESKTOP-LE2J5PJ

Intel i7-7700T 2.90GHz

Product ID is 00325-96144-87097-AAOEM

64 Bit

Yes I know Fire wire is very old but so is the cam corder. It has  a DV port on it.  I have read that firewire to USB does not work well.

Is there any other way I can get the recordings onto the PC?

Thanks for any help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.