Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fn key lock

k3500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to lock the function key on my K3500 wireless keyboard with no success.

Tried the following:

1. Fn+Esc key - noting happens (I allsow tried it with all F-keys just to be sure...)

2. Searched the bios settings and couldn't find any that references the Fn key or similar (hotkey ets...)

I would apreatiate an answer since this would greatly improve my work.

Thank you in advance.

Vuk

5 REPLIES
psyclopps Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fn key lock

Since you stated there is nothing called "hotkeys", is there a BIOS setting called "Action keys" enabled or disabled. I believe disabled option is the one you want. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Byk Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fn key lock

Nope, BIOS interface dosen't seem to have any setting that which name might suggest it has anything to do with Fn key, action keys , hotkeys or similar.

0 Kudos
ROOT1217 Tutor
Tutor
14 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fn key lock

Have you updated your windows 10?

Sometime it's solve this issue. Tried it

Thanks

0 Kudos
Byk Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fn key lock

Thx for the suggestion, but it's not the update...

It looks like I made a duplicate thread, a more detailed description of attempted solutions (with pictures) can be reached here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fn-key-lock/m-p/6917651#M167373

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45461 4284 10873
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fn key lock

I just took a look at the image of the K3500 wireless keyboard.

There is no lock function of the FN key. That exists, as far as I am aware, only on notebook PCs.

The HP notebooks I have used have had an action keys option which lets the user enable or disable a lock function of the Fn key.

The only use of the Fn key (with an underscore on your keyboard) is in conjunction with the secondary functions of the F1-F12 keys.

Fn+Esc is a function used on some notebook which invokes a system information feature while logged into a Windows OS. 

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation