Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 40L Gaming Desktop PC GT21-0000a (3G5Y9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Having researched further into my computer reboot problem, it now seems that the updated bios which was installed by Windows update has left me with a poorly working computer. The AMI F11 bios which was included in the original computer was updated to F12 recently during a windows update which I accepted as it was an option.

The F12 update is potentially not compatible with the system and as such I am seeking to revert to the original F11 bios. I have tried using multiple ways to do this including a straight forward download of the HP SP package which left me with no update. Using the UEFI bios flashing system, this left me with the constant message of the bios sig file not being accessible on either SSD (File was in the correct place) or the USB stick. 

Thus I am left with a system which will not accept a flash of the bios back to F11 (An older bios cannot be flashed onto the system as the HP software will not allow it)

I can not revert to the previous working bios as this doesn't change back to F11.

I have spoken with two chaps from HP technical support with no solution thus far and no phone calls back as promised. What to do? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Zuru1967

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are experiencing difficulties in reverting Bios F11. I'd like to help!

Please follow the steps mentioned below.

Note: You may want to backup the data before you proceed with these steps as mentioned. Keep the bit locker key saved.

Prepare your computer for the BIOS update.

• To prevent possible problems, close any open applications, and temporarily disable antivirus software and BitLocker before updating the BIOS.
  • Close any open applications.
  • Temporarily disable your antivirus software. In Windows, search for and open Security and Maintenance settings, and then click Security to access virus protection settings.
  • Temporarily disable BitLocker drive encryption. In Windows, search for and open Manage Bitlocker. Click Suspend protection, and then click Yes. Be prepared and have the BitLocker recovery key available.
  • CAUTION:
  • If BitLocker is not disabled, the next time you restart the computer the BitLocker key might not be recognized. If you do not know the BitLocker recovery key, you might lose data or need to reinstall Windows.

Suspending BitLocker protection

Also go throught the link and follow the steps which says -(Update the BIOS manually from a USB flash drive (outside of Windows) Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Zuru1967,

Have you tried those steps yet? Do you still need assistance? Let me know if I can help. Have a great day 🙂 

Thanks! 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Zuru1967,

I did not hear back from you so I will close out this case for now. Please contact me again if you still need any help. Have a great day!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.