Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
500-431D
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Got an old desktop (HP 500-431D). I wanted to upgrade its processor a little bit. Can it still take the AMD A10-8750? This processor is still a FM2+, but is not listed in the upgrade information of the pc.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I am taking your word this CPU upgrade is not listed by HP at the PC's Support site as a compatible processor.

It may or may not work. 

HP is not validating the A10 ( no BIOS microcode to see this CPU) on your PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

I am wondering what makes it not compatible. A10-8750 has a steamroller micro architecture (as i read it), which is recognized by the chipset that i have.

HP Recommended

Any update from HP guys? Could it be that the information given from the support site is not updated? Coz this A10-8750 is a newer released cpu than those listed.

HP Recommended

Hi Minefox,

All motherboard OEMs have to update the BIOS to see the CPU.

No Bios update for the specific processor results in a "unsupported CPU error" or BIOS error beep codes.

Try it, see what happens. You bear the cost if you cannot return the CPU for a refund.

Again, I did not check the A10 or your PC's Support site. Maybe the A10's TDP does not fit with your HP motherboard.

Regards

HP Recommended

Yeah that's the risk i will be taking if i will upgrade. maybe wait for more inputs?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sounds like a good plan.

Maybe a different forum member can provide better recommendations.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.