Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Sp#380356
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the manual labels don't match wire labels. Pics related. The motherboard isn't labeled.

It won't boot windows without front audio and front USB connected (it boots to Ubuntu though).

The 2 USBs would be easy enough if I knew the orientation (not in the manual)

Motherboard Sp#380356

i guess i cant upload the pics so

manual:
Mic In Tip 1                          2 Analog GND
Mic In Sleeve3                    4 NC           
HP out Right5                    6 Headphone Sense 
Front Audio Detect 7        X 

Hp Out Left 9                      10 NC

wire labels:
FPOUT -L
FPOUT-R
RET-R
RET-L
AUD GND
MIC
MIC BIAS 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
if this does not fit try giving the computer model instead!
This is just a guess !!
so look at the documents here:

HP Compaq dx 7200 and dc7600 Personal Computers, Technical Reference Guide, 1st Edition

HP Compaq Business PC dc7600 Series Personal Computer Illustrated Parts Map, CMT Chassis (1st Editio...

etc

https://support.hp.com/ch-fr/product/hp-compaq-dc7600-convertible-minitower-pc/472276/manuals

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

That's where I got the manual (page 142 of the first link), but they don't match.

HP Recommended

confirmed : its a DC7600

HP Recommended

see what I mean?
not matchingnot matching

HP Recommended

I'm not sure!
But are you trying to reconnect the motherboard to its original box, or is it another box?
I have not looked at everything in the documents, but there are several formats (MT ST SFF etc) that does not change anything?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

definitely a new box, got it from some guy off craigslist .
definitely dc7600.
HP Compaq dx 7200 and dc7600 Personal Computers, Technical Reference Guide, 1st Edition
pg 142 is the ticket

not sure exactly the form factor.,

dc7600 motherboard inside a
"XG Dragon CA-DRG Red 1.2mm Aluminum alloy ATX Mid Tower Computer Case" 

I figured out the microphone but the
Ret-L, Ret-R,/ Audio Detect, Headphone Sense
I don't know

HP Recommended

sorry, i searched, but i can't find
that said I do not know how to search too much, it seems that one is not made for the other!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.