Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 g2 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm building a sim racing station and trying to use an HP EliteDeske 800 g2 Sff. I've got a little problem with the motherboard or rather with the motherboard not being in its original case.

Since I've removed the motherboard and a couple of non-essential bits I constantly getting error messages that I have to accept at boot.

I removed the case, front USB3, USB2 and front audio.

I've found solutions to the usb3 and audio problems by shorting some pins.

The problem is that I've stuck with the usb2 because I can't find any pinout for the P24 USB front connector. It's a 12 pin yellow connector with 2 dead pins in the second row.
If anyone could tell me which pins to short to stop the bios bugging me about missing usb2 interface it would be awesome but I'd appreciate any clue too as I've been digging on google for hours fruitlessly for this.

I also get error message about 901 Chassis fan not connected but this case has actually never had a chassis fan only the PSU fan which is working as fine as ever.

Thanks!

IMG_20200402_170018.jpgIMG_20200402_170104.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

No one has any idea where could I start?

HP Recommended

OK. May help, may not -  re chassis fan detect problem.

I bought a front panel connector for an HP8300 SFF system, but it came off a 6200 system. Gave me 'rear fan connect problem'. Use F1 to boot. P/n for correct is 611897-001, replacement was 510974-001.

Plug to check is the power/led plug. It has a link on it - was 8-9, new was 8-10. Moved wire and fault cured.

Plug was black. USB was yel + orange. Audio was blue.

Hope this helps

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.