Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0007ng

Hello,

I've recently received this PC: HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0007ng
It features a Ryzen 7 3700X and a GTX 1660 Ti.

My problem is the noise: The lowest possible fan speed is 42% (about 1400 RPM). This is way too high and way too noisy.
Even with Headset on i can sense the computer and im 100% sure its the Graphicscard Fan. The Fanspeed is hard locked and cant be changed via Software.

Is anyone else having trouble with this?

I already reinstalled all drivers that could interfere with this: Chipset and Graphics.

Is there something else i can do?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Lurgenda

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the fan issue.

Please try these steps - HP Desktop PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly (Windows)

You may also try these steps to set the minimum fan speed on the computer - 

1.) Turn on the computer, and then immediately press F10 to enter BIOS.
2.) Under the Power tab, select Thermal.

3.) Use the left and right arrows to set the fans minimum speed, and then press F10 to accept the changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy and couldnt do the things you suggested.

Nothing worked, but i have looked into the computer (opened the case) and now can see why the GPU Fanspeed is set to minimum 42%. I think its designed this way, since there is no inhalte fan in the case, to keep airflow circulating through it.

HP Recommended

@Lurgenda,

Are you stating there is NO rear separate system fan (exhaust) as shown in the published Service Manual shown here.   Do you want to be a "hero" and send a few pics?   Front, rear, and inside? 😃

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is a exhaust fan, but no inhale fan. I understand, that this setup might be enough to cool a "normal system", im not sure about a 3700X and a GTX 1660 Ti. 

I've seen the 3700X hitting 95-100° C (not thermal throttling) and sitting around 4 Ghz on some Cores. Yet its not sure what to do with this data, since there are so many temperature-sensors in this puppy and i dont know what MSI Afterburner is reading here, i guess the hottest core? 

The GTX 1660 Ti looks like a OEM exclusive card with 1 fan. 

HP PC .jpg

This PC was a gift and im absolutely fine with it. I have now build a little podium under my desk for it, so the noise wont bother me anymore. Im coming from prebuilt computers who are designed to be very silent, my last one broke so i got this one surprisingly on christmas, maybe im a bit picky.

HP Recommended

@Lurgenda 

MSI AfterBurner is a GPU program that allows you to change the fan speed of the GPU card.

It does not regulate the CPU chip.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I know i just mentioned that i used MSI Afterburner to read out my CPU temperature, and the lowest the card would go is 42%. Its hard locked there, i cant set it any lower. That was the problem im having. Well i guess its not a technical problem, now i just want to know if this is on purpose or not

HP Recommended

Did you find another solution? I have the same here at another desktop pc with 3700rpm

Daniel
HP Recommended

Hi,

unfortunately no, it seems like this is intended since the card really is small.

Im not sure on how flashing a BIOS from another card would work since there is little information about this one in particular

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.