Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion gaming TG01-0025no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

Good to know, Im no PC tech-guy. So keep it as simple as you possibly can! 😉

I want to upgrade my GPU. Wonder which works on my desktop? RTX or anything better then the current one, but not something that makes my desktop to sweat. Dont wanna push to hard.

Specs

AMD Ryzen 5 3500 (3,6 GHz)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti

Motherboard Erica AMD Promontory B550A

Is there anything else i need to change if i want to upgrade GPU or is it as "simple" as they say when it comes to changing GPUs?...

Thanks, from//Worried-im-gonna-wreck-my-PC

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
Yes, it is simple, if you have a computer built by yourself, and if you have already made modifications in a computer.
It is also easy to change some parts of a car, if you know how to do it!
You have this computer:

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c06488943

so you can install different kind of graphics cards, but you have to take into account, the power of the power supply here 400w
you must therefore check what is recommended by the manufacturer of the chosen graphics card
and check the dimensions, it should not be much larger than the original one

if not just for example same power supply and motherboard here

HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0102ng Product Specifications 

NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 Super™ (8 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

take a look

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000a/37874510/product-info

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.