Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
H8-1070uk
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've installed a MSI GTX 750 ti to replace the GT 545, but I can't get past the Bios screen and I'm also hearing 4 beeps.

i've read on this forum and on the Amazon Q & A page that it should work with my HP PC model (H8- 1070uk) because it has a legacy/UEFI switch. I've tried the switch in both positions with no success.

Can someone help me out please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In that case, there does exist the possibility that there is a problem with the video card itself.

If his PC is identical to your card and the video cards are also identical, the  common denominator would be the video card.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I just found some information at the MSI website on their video cards with hybrid BIOSthat may help you.

http://event.msi.com/2014/vga/Hybrid_BIOS/

There are EVGA GTX 750TI cards that do have a hybrid BIOS switch. It was discussed in the thread at the following link by HP Expert Big_Dave.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/new-graphic-card-EVGA-Geforce-gt...

Can you post a link of the Amazon web page and image of the card that shows what you mean?

Check to see that the BIOS mode switch is in position 1 for legacy BIOS.

You may need to check to msee if secure boot mode is enabled and disable it. You will have to do that before installing the new video card.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The card i'm using is "MSI GTX 750 TI 2GB OC" and it has the hybrid switch on it which i've tried in both positions.

My mobo is the IPISB-CH2 Motherboard with the latest version installed (7.12 Rev. A)

My bios is Legacy even though it says "run UEFI application" which does nothing. In boot order it says UEFI and Legacy, but if I disable legacy then my PC won't boot, so it seems like UEFI serves no purpose on my bios.

My power supply is powerful enough and since the card is supposed to work with both UEFI and legacy bios I can't understand why it won't.

It just beeps 4 times (spaced out) and won't let me go into the bios with it installed.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, your Chicago motherboard has a BIOS version 7 and does not appear to be compatible with GeForce video cards.

I will have to suggest that you return it as not wortking in your PC.  Take a  look at  the ATI\AMD Radeon r5 230  graphics cards. They do have legacy BIOS support and an HDMI output.

Sapphire ATI Radeon r6 230

ttp://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=55FF24B0-E779-4ED6-B247-FB20A74D6D8A&lang=eng

EVGA

HP Recommended

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-HPE-h8-1070uk-Deskto...

"Steve" from that thread has the exact same model PC as mine, same bios version and the same card, but his works and mine doesn't which is strange to say the least.

Another reviewer from Amazon says that he has the same model PC as well and that the card works when the switch on the card is in legacy mode.

Surely there's something that will make it work?

HP Recommended

In that case, there does exist the possibility that there is a problem with the video card itself.

If his PC is identical to your card and the video cards are also identical, the  common denominator would be the video card.

HP Recommended

Card works fine in other PC but i'll have to return it I guess.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.