Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-203na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Interweb,

I have a 4/5 year old HP Pavillion 550-203na - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB which I use to run a Football Manager game, previous versions of the game run fine on LOW ingame settings but the new game requires : 

Processor: Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon 64 1.8GHz+
Memory: 4 GB RAM.
Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForece 9600M GT, AMD/ATI Mobility Raedon HD 3650 - 256MB VRAM.
DirectX: Version 11.

The new game runs ok again on vary LOW in game settings when I am playing game by myself but when I want to record game via OBS, the footage is very bitty,choppy,laggy? 

Since my system is slightly dated, can an upgrade to a dedicated Graphics card be done and would this help with above issues or allow me to play with higher graphics settings within the game? Any other advice welcomed to boost my system into 2021.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your system has either built in intel 530 graphics or an AMD RS 330.  Any one of which is better than any of the three listed "minimum requirements" of the game.

Minimum requirements is just that:  Low resolution but enough to read jersey numbers and low speed but not so low the game will be returned for a refund.

I suspect the problem is your game copy app.  

I have used snag-it video record but for really fast stuff I had to use  hypercam2 as 60fps was needed.  I am not familiar with OBS which sound like a procedure a doctor would do.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thanks for that but I'm still playing with everything on low settings and when using OBS for recording gameplay, I still have the buffering, choppy visuals.

Just hoping someone can suggest if it would be graphics card issues as I would like to play game at a higher setting other than low/very low and again if this would sort out the recording issues with a better graphics setup etc and if it can be done within existing HP Tower?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@PurpleYoda wrote:

Just hoping someone can suggest if it would be graphics card issues as I would like to play game at a higher setting other than low/very low and again if this would sort out the recording issues with a better graphics setup etc and if it can be done within existing HP Tower?

Yea, better graphics card does wonders but in todays market being driving by crypto-miners it can be cheaper to replace the system than to upgrade the video board.   Frequently the power supply is not sufficient for newer cards and yours being only 180 watts put you in that class.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.