Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6-2016
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

What graphics cards will work in my desktop computer, Pavilion P6-2016?  Back in July of this year, I had bought a Radeon R5 220 at our local best Buy, assuming it would  work, because the card was only around $50, but ended up taking it back to the store for a refund, because after installing it I got no signal to the monitor.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Daniel_77

Welcome to HP support community.

Upgrading GPU on a PC may need a PSU upgrade as well, depending on the GPU of your choice.

You computer has 1 PCI express 16 slot.

Do you use GPU for high performance gaming?

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry I'm a littl late in replying, the only gaming I do on my computer are Sims 3 and 4, Star Wars Empire at War, older titles such as those.  The card I had tried was the Radeon R5 220, and according to its manual it needed a 350 or 400 watt PSU.  However a tech from the Toms Hardware website, said that my computer should be able to handle the new card without a new PSU, nothing has been upgraded, everything is still the same as when it left the factory.

HP Recommended

@Daniel_77

Your do not need any PSU upgrade.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.