Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-0040
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade my graphics card and power supply, but I see conflicting information everywhere and not sure which is correct. Can I upgrade these items in this system and where would I look for said items IF they could be upgraded.

Thanks so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kryshael,

Your model is known to have the 180W.  IMHO, the L05757-800 (500W) will support a card requiring 250W, and leave some overhead.  The second is the card length.  For that, you need to measure what would slide in the area.  A sturdy cardboard template is an excellent tool. Start at 4.3 x 11 inches.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@kryshael,

The correct answer is yes.  The Power (PSU) Supply in those units is an HP proprietary design. That means you must use their PSU.  This spreadsheet will list some examples. There are no known pictures of that motherboard.  Why not send up a pic.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the chart. Does that mean that any of the PS's listed would fit in this case? And as far as the GPU goes, is there a limitation on which cards I can use?

Sorry for the questions, but there isn't much data out there on this particular unit. Now I know why I should have just had my pc built for me.....

HP Recommended

@kryshael,

Your model is known to have the 180W.  IMHO, the L05757-800 (500W) will support a card requiring 250W, and leave some overhead.  The second is the card length.  For that, you need to measure what would slide in the area.  A sturdy cardboard template is an excellent tool. Start at 4.3 x 11 inches.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

WB2001

Where can I puchase this  L05757-800 (500W) power supply? I haven't had any luck in locating one.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@kryshael,

Direct from HP:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=F5CFA06FA7F74782B44B17CAFA5DF01A&SearchIn=P...

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Heh. I will keep trying I guess. That link give me the following:

"The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

HP Recommended

Found it. Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.