Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy Desktop 750-177c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had an issue with no boot. Costco support determined that my Integrated HD graphics 530 is failing and I needed to uninstall graphics card and reboot to reinstall. This solved the problem for now. Support suggested that I purchase and install driver on my own since warranty will not replace as long as it will still run. This is the second time this has happenned and the first time it was under HP warranty a couple of months ago, so it appears the problem will continue. What I need is a recommendation on an add-on video card compatible with this PC and how to configure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi dealer

The Intel graphics is integrated in the CPU. If it is failing then you have a processor problem. A graphics driver problem is a different issue. But drivers are stable unless you do something to corrupt the driver or acquire malware.

A failing processor should be covered in the HP warranty.

I would contact HP Support when this happens again and before the HP warranty expires.

Are you still in the warranty period?

Adding a graphics card may fix this symptom but you may have a bigger problem than you realize.

Installing a discrete graphics card does not solve the problem.

Grzy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi dealer

The Intel graphics is integrated in the CPU. If it is failing then you have a processor problem. A graphics driver problem is a different issue. But drivers are stable unless you do something to corrupt the driver or acquire malware.

A failing processor should be covered in the HP warranty.

I would contact HP Support when this happens again and before the HP warranty expires.

Are you still in the warranty period?

Adding a graphics card may fix this symptom but you may have a bigger problem than you realize.

Installing a discrete graphics card does not solve the problem.

Grzy

HP Recommended

The HP warranty just expired but I have an extra year covered by Costco. Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

I appreciate your prompt response.  My PC is no longer under warranty.  I was searching for a driver based upon  Microsoft stating I needed to upgrade/update the driver as the one I have will not support 10.  I am totally clueless to this area.  To my knowledge, there's been no damage to any parts.  When I searched for driver update through HP, Windows 10 is not an option.  I definately have no problem pursuing the purchase of the graphics card.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.