Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My current Computer has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB graphics card and I was looking to upgrade it to a MSI Geforce RTX 2060. I am not sure if the new graphics card will work with my current motherboard and was hoping someone could help me. My current mother board is the Odense2-K. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A 2060 should work if you have a 1060 now.

Just check the length of the 2060 against the 1060. Also,some Nvidia 2000 series cards can occupy up to 2.5 slots when installed in the motherboard. Check dimensions for a good fit.

You will have to enter the BIOS and change some settings so the new graphics card will initialize. Instructions on disabling Secure boot and enabling Legacy support can be reviewed at this HP Support site (Link).

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A 2060 should work if you have a 1060 now.

Just check the length of the 2060 against the 1060. Also,some Nvidia 2000 series cards can occupy up to 2.5 slots when installed in the motherboard. Check dimensions for a good fit.

You will have to enter the BIOS and change some settings so the new graphics card will initialize. Instructions on disabling Secure boot and enabling Legacy support can be reviewed at this HP Support site (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi Aateeksh,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.