Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion AIO 23-q140nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Device: HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q140nz, S/N = [Personal Information Removed], System Board ID:  2B43 -> incl. latest BIOS: A0.13 Rev.A

Situation: For performance-reasons, I've been trying to replace the native 1TB HDD with the HP SSD S700 2.5" (500GB) and installing the OS from scratch (using the current Media Creation Tool and the Win 10 EE v2004 from a USB-stick.

Problem: I'm unable to allocate the disk space in order to install Windows 10 from scratch (something I'm used to). Nor the GUI, nor DiskPart (Shift-F10) allows me to configure the SSD properly.

GUI Error message (that I'm getting after a "convert gpt" (following to a "clean"):
"We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more about what happened: 0x80300002"

DiskPart Error message:
"DiskPart has encountered an error: The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error.."

This brand new SSD works fine if I connect it via the renkforce USB 3.0 <-> IDE SATA interface to any computer.
All UEFI system tests (incl. HD) complete with "successful".
If I reconnect the old HDD, everything is still working as before.

I've read many of the posts related to aforementioned error messages. So far none of them helped.

Hence my questions:

1. Can you confirm that it should be possible to replace the original Seagate 1TB HDD with a HP SSD S700 2.5" (500GB)?
  2. Are you aware of this problem?
  3. Is there any newer firmware available for any involved devices (incl. BIOS and SSD)?
  4. Is there any driver that I could/should use during Windows Setup ("Load driver")?
  5. Is there anything else that you can recommend?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Update 21.10.2020: I tried using another SATA-SSD (Samsung MZ-YTY1280). I'm ending up with similar HW-issues (see following screenshots). This time I'm getting a 0x80070057 error code.
(Unfortunately I had to remove the screenshots as they have only been visible in the Preview).

My old 27" Dell XPS AIO PC (also incl. an Intel i7 CPU (3770S)) is a rocket compared to this HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q140nz "turtle". The Pavilion shows a utilization of the HDD that too often is hitting 100%, even without any running application!).

I'm really disappointed about this AIO-PC. If no-one is able to provide any helpful support, I will have to recommend buying another PC. But next time it won't recommend HP anymore - sorry for that!

HP Recommended

@pcomini

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As propose by ECHO_LAKE, I just had a call with a HP-technician referring to the ticket (no. 5055854606) that is pointing to this post. After being put on hold for approx. 20', he told me that I tried exactly the right things, but that this device hasn't been tested with any SSDs (yet).
So when I asked him for further advice, he told me that there's nothing he can do about it and that I should consider switching back to the (slow) HDD again.
I'm really disappointed and I don't understand why it shouldn't be possible to upgrade a 5-year old device (supporting UEFI) with an SSD-device.
It seems to me that the quality of HP devices is deteriorating. Unless I do get some helpful advice within the following 2 days, I'm going to recommend to the owner to replace this lame snail by another brand/device. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.