Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP elite 8000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have added a new HDD 1TB. it is detected in the Device manager. This HDD 1 TB is not being display at my computer. This make me not able to read and write on this HDD. Please advice on solution. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@helpme01,

While VishalGS gave the basic concept and links,  the context is misleading.  Not his fault.

DRIVE 0 is your OS drive. Do not tamper with it.

Prepping the new secondary hard drive

Press START button

Open Control Panel (you should be in Classic View).

Open Administrative Tools

Click to open Computer Management. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

Your boot drive will show up a Disk0. Stay away from that.

The added drive should show up as Disk1.

You should format the new drive as NTFS when asked.

Right-click an unallocated region on your 'new" hard disk, and then click New Simple Volume.

In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.

Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.

Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then click Next.

In the Format Partition dialog box:

To format the volume with the default settings, click Next.

Review your choices, and then click Finish.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

If HDD is not detecting in My Computer, then it might be one of the reason

- Format type: HDD should be formated in windows supported files system type (example: FAT32, NTFS)

- Drive letter needs to be assigned

You can follow this link to assign drive letter

If issue persist, Please contact HP
http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html

For Phone assistance
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Good Luck !!!

If any of my posts help you or guide you on your way to resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.
If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

@helpme01,

While VishalGS gave the basic concept and links,  the context is misleading.  Not his fault.

DRIVE 0 is your OS drive. Do not tamper with it.

Prepping the new secondary hard drive

Press START button

Open Control Panel (you should be in Classic View).

Open Administrative Tools

Click to open Computer Management. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

Your boot drive will show up a Disk0. Stay away from that.

The added drive should show up as Disk1.

You should format the new drive as NTFS when asked.

Right-click an unallocated region on your 'new" hard disk, and then click New Simple Volume.

In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.

Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.

Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then click Next.

In the Format Partition dialog box:

To format the volume with the default settings, click Next.

Review your choices, and then click Finish.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.

This solution solve my HDD issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.