Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All-in-one 22-b226
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I bought an All-in-one 22-b226 and it came with 4Gb of ram, I wanted to upgrade to 8Gb and bought this 

Samsung 8GB (PC3L-12800) DDR3L 1.35V 1600 204-Pin . I installed it and when the PC starts, It makes a lauder sound.

Can you help me with that?  

Thanks in advance,  

Gerardo 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GerardoMachado,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@GerardoMachado,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is making a noise after upgrading the RAM on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• Is the computer booting to Windows now?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While you respond to that, I checked the specifications of your computer and see that your computer supports up to 8 GB on 64-bit systems.

I see that the supported RAM for your computer is PC3L-12800 (DDR3L-1600).

If the computer is not booting to Windows, I recommend you remove the RAM and install the original RAM which came with the computer and check whether the computer boots to Windows.

If the computer is booting to Windows and just making a loud noise I recommend you update the bios and the chipset drivers from the below link and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The computer is working perfectly fine with the 4Gb that comes with it, but when I install the 8Gb and press the power button the screen remains black and does that loud noise, it is like a very loud beep. Then I change the RAM back to the 4Gb and Windows 10 boot. 

I'm pretty sure this is Windows 10 x64 bits by I will doube check just in case, and try to upgrade the BIOS aswell 

Thank you very much,

Gerardo

HP Recommended

@GerardoMachado,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

As you have mentioned that the computer beeps when you install the 8GB RAM, I recommend you boot to bios by tapping the F10 key on startup and check whether the RAM is detected.

Also, make sure that the operating system is 64bit as the 32bit operating system supports only 4GB RAM.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I finally discover what was happening. The RAM stick that I bought was defective, I tried in others computers and did the same thing. I got a new one and is working perfectly fine. 

Thank you very much for your help,

Gerardo

HP Recommended

@GerardoMachado,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.